This is sort of a sequel to my earlier pieces of advice for new members.
I wrote the following in long hand on the airplane last nite
First of all, a big welcome to the new members.
Here are my suggestions for you:
1) Introduce yourself here and also read (or at least scan or bookmark) the introductions from the other members. This will help you get to know others here and vice versa.
2. Explain your name through a similar exercise by The Jones Girl, done as much to strengthen the community and get to know each other as anything else.
3. Add your name to the master birthday list While others may forget your birthday date and to wish you well on that day I will not. As others will attest I've been pretty good about wishing happy birthday to everyone who has signed their name to this list.
(*** sorry, this feature has since been cancelled)
4. Join Aine's Newsvine Help group. Most questions you will have - including some I'll list in a minute - can be answered by prior help articles as well as the Newsvine help thread. I am hoping to talk Newsvine into ultimately setting it up so that as each new person joins they are automatically made a member of the help group.
5. Consider - once I get this up and running - requesing a mentor who can help you with advice and answering
6 - Don't be afraid to ask question and
7 don't worry if you are overwhelmed at first. We all are.